Tuesday 19 February 2013

Sleeping Troubles

And no, not just me. I always have trouble sleeping.
It's Ashleigh! Every night without fail she's up at least once. Tonight it's been 7 times. I thought by 5 years old she would be past this. She feigns being poorly, having a bad dream, just wants a hug. And sometimes it's just so hard to tell whether she's telling the truth or not.

Take tonight for example, three hours of trying to convince her it was bed time, she went to bed. Then she was up 5 times asking for milk but each time I got up to get it she had fallen asleep so didn't want it sitting there. The one time she was awake she took the milk, 45 minutes later she's asking me for milk, she hadn't realised I had already given it to her!!



She gets a good amount of sleep overall once she does settle. But it leaves me even worse off than usual. It takes a lot for me to fall asleep at the minute, and usually when I'm nodding off she will wake up. Or she will sneak in my bed not long after I've fallen asleep. For someone so small she takes up a hell of a lot of space!!

It's now 4:05am and I'm writing this blog post. I should be sound asleep but I'm not. I'm lay here wondering if she's going to get up again. Worrying if I fall asleep that I will miss my alarm in the morning and be late to my appointment. Worrying if I fall asleep will she sneak into my bed?

Does anyone else have problems like this? I thought by now they would be non-existent! I was hoping school would settle her sleeping but it hasn't changed at all.

Thinking back the last time she slept so well was when we went to Butlins on holiday last year. She fell asleep as soon as she went to bed, and was up again 8am the next morning for breakfast and on the go all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment