Sunday 14 April 2013

The Light at the End of the Tunnel!

Finally I can see the light at the end I the tunnel. This light disappeared in January, returned February, then disappeared again until Friday.
If you've been reading my posts you'll know I've been struggling recently with one thing or another, the worst being finding a job. I applied everywhere, for anything, with no success.
The annual stress of whether my car would pass its MOT came, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. And like last year I went to Sureparts to get the things needed to fix it and took them to my (amazingly brilliant) Dad so he could fix my car ready for the re-test. It was then that my (epically awesome) Dad said I should apply for a job at Sureparts, I have experience with shop work and now I'm old enough to be a driver for companies now. The next day I took in my CV, and left wondering if I'd hear back from them at all. The day after this I was sat in the MOT centre while my car was being retested, being nosey on Facebook (as I often am), and was thinking to myself when I may hear from Sureparts. It was freaky really because at that exact same time my phone rang with an interview offer for the next lunch time!! Honestly I was just so excited to be invited for an interview I let everyone know! Took me ages to decide what to wear for my interview, as always, and headed out to my interview.
(This is what i ended up wearing, i didn't want to go too girly!)

I thought it would be one of the managers interviewing me but it was one of the co-owners!!! He'd read my CV and was impressed with my experience and that I'd volunteered. Interview didn't even last 10 minutes but I left with a good feeling, and was told I'd know by the end of the day if I was successful. TWO HOURS later I get a phone call and a job offer!! I stayed as calm as I could on the call, but as soon as it ended I was jumping around the house dancing and laughing, trying to call and text as many people as I could, forgetting the majority of people to be quite honest in the excitement! I quite literally fell into this job, thanks to my (genius lovely) Dad suggesting it to me! The best thing is its FULL TIME hours, Mondays to Fridays and every other Saturday, no late finishes, guaranteed hours, bonus opportunities, and still the time to spend with Ash as she grows!
As you can probably tell I'm so thankful for my Dad, not only for fixing my car (again), but for suggesting this job to me. Sounds silly but I forget I'm over 25 now with a full driving licence so can do jobs like this!!

The light at the end of the tunnel that had disappeared not so long ago, is getting brighter each day. I'm ecstatic I've got a job. And this will help a lot of the other things fall into place. I just need to try and stay positive about the things that will get better, but will take time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment